March 4, 2014

Lent.

I used to always give something up for Lent. I am realizing that "giving up" isn't the attitude I should necessarily carry this time of year. I am going to focus on improving aspects of my life to give God more of myself, and bring Him the glory He deserves...

Lent is 40 Days to reflect on the forty days Christ spent in temptation in the desert-- forty days that show us that Jesus, as both God and man, experienced every pain and hurdle we can in our lives.
Lent is 40 Days to reflect on what is coming-- the Death and Resurrection of Christ.
Lent is 40 Days to pray about, honor, and be thankful for a God who loves me enough to do what He has done.

I don't think that necessitates giving something up, per say, but I think it means I should re-focus my life. It's what I set out to do with my New Year's Resolution, and now something I am encouraged to revisit in the time leading up to Easter. So instead of giving up something for Lent, I am going to revisit my goals for 2014 and try to give my God the time and attention He deserves.

Looking forward to how I will see God working in my life and others as I...
...listen: try to be better about being in the Word and in intentional prayer daily.
try to be more healthy: exercise or do something active/social daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment